Friday, June 1, 2012

Obligatory Introduction Post

Hi all. Let me just start off and say, I'm not here to get famous blogging. If people actually want to read my weird ramblings and thoughts on just about every subject under the sun, that's fine, and it will make me happy. But if you read my blog and don't comment, that's fine, too. I'm a little comment shy myself, sometimes. I have yet to even comment on Hyperbole and a Half despite the fact that I absolutely adore Allie and think she's possibly the funniest, most awesome individual alive.


Anyway, let me sorta introduce myself. I say sorta, because to protect the identities - and dignity - of people I'll be talking about sometimes, I'm choosing to be anonymous and go with a pseudonym. I mean, it's one thing to think these things in my head, but to actually get these things out of me, to publish them on the internet, I'll choose to be a little more discreet with specifics.


So, for all intents and purposes, my name is Rue.


Why Rue? Rue McClanahan is one awesome lady, may she rest in peace. Also, Rue from the Hunger Games is my favorite character from the Suzanne Collins trilogy. Both of those people embody a kind of confidence that I wish I had. I guess it just sort of fit for my purposes, here.


Now, to get one more thing out of the way ... I realize that by being anonymous, some people are going to doubt me. I mean, really, when I look back at some things, I find it kinda out there, too. And with no way to back it up without revealing myself, I fully understand that by not doing so will make some people doubt me and cry foul. What I want to say is while I cannot prove every little thing I say, I want to promise any readers out there this: everything I say, everything I tell you, really did happen, and it happened to me. I will never lie to you. Lying, to me, is a disgraceful, shameful act that I refuse to partake in. If you choose to not believe me, then that's on you. I don't care. Because even if you don't believe me, the truth is the truth, and if you don't choose to believe the truth, then whatever, I can't make you. What's that saying? You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink? Yeah, that one.


Sorry if I sounded a little harsh, but I think it was necessary. So, with all that out of the way, welcome to my blog. :) Sometimes I'll be serious, sometimes I'll be funny (or, at least, my weird definition of funny). But whatever I'll choose to be from blog post to blog post, I can guarantee you it'll be one crazy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment