Friday, June 1, 2012

Addendum

So, I posted my first post, and I realized that while I am basically anonymous, any readers might be interested in a little demographic information about me.


I am a 25 year-old of the female persuasion. I am engaged to someone who I will refer to as Jason. We've been together for five years now, through thick and thin. Honestly, if we can't make it, I wouldn't hold out hope for anybody. I currently reside in Ohio, where I go to a small college, but I have actually lived in several states. I'm a little hesitant to say what my associate degree is called, as it may pinpoint where I'm going, and therefore me, but let's just say that when I graduate, I'll be able to do anything in a medical office or hospital short of clinical work (like taking vitals, giving injections, etc.). Basically, anything office-related, I can do it. I really want to do medical coding, but since I've had my ass handed to me by the economy and have been completely without a job since late 2008 (which will undoubtedly be the subject of a blog post sometime) I'm a little hesitant to invest time and money into a limited field. I want options, should something not pan out the way I want it to.


I'm a creative person at heart, really. I've been a writer for about 13 years now. My early stuff was horrible, as it usually is when a normal person starts out in writing, and most especially when they start out writing at a young age. There are exceptions, of course, but writing is something you really have to practice and work at to get better at. I started out in fanfiction. I can hear people sighing already, so hear me out: the concept of fanfiction is not bad. Fanfiction can be a wonderful place to start out writing because you don't have to worry about every single little thing a story involves, like creating a believable setting or characters that people will like and are able to identify with. Those things are already there, so writers can flex their writing muscles with other important things like plotting, dialogue, pacing, proper characterization and researching. I know that the majority of fanfiction out there is bad. Trust me, I know. I've been on fanfiction.net. I've seen the horrors. But if you take the time to weed through the junk, you can find the prettiest gems.


I will give a couple of more warnings here, nothing bad just things I think readers will need to be aware of so they can either more fully appreciate this blog or disregard it entirely. While I am hesitant to identify with a political party, I am definitely liberal. I support Gay Rights, or, as I like to call them, Human Rights. I also support Gay Marriage, or, as I like to call it, Marriage Equality or just plain ol' Marriage. I identify as Pansexual and my brother is Gay, and I am very, very proud of him for reasons I may go into later. If you don't agree with any of this, then I suggest you GTFO right now. I realize it's your right to comment and say whatever the hell you want to say, just realize that it's also my right to blog about whatever the hell I want to. It's my blog, not yours, and if this ain't your tune, feel free to leave. If you accidentally stumble onto this blog and you realize you don't like what I'm laying down, just bow out and leave. I realize that there are people who think differently than me, so I promise that there will be no hard feelings.


Oh, another thing ... I swear. Quite proficiently at times. I'm am fluent in both sarcasm and profanity and I use it. I promise I will try to curb it as much as possible on this blog but sometimes I just gotta say "fuck" or "shit" or "motherfucker" and, seeing as this is my blog and all, I reserve the right to go off on a profanity-laden diatribe if I feel like it. If I do choose to off on a profanity-laden diatribe, I will post a warning in the title so you can skip it, but realize again that this is my blog and my main reason of creating this blog is to just get all of this out of me (just to clarify: I consider "profanity-laden" to be practically every other word being a swear word; a few swear words in one post is not "profanity-laden" and I will therefore not mark those posts because they will probably be the majority of them).


If anyone's still reading, thank you for understanding and I hope that you will enjoy the future blog posts that I have planned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment